Choosing The Best Tax Program
Picking the best tax program for your tax return preparation this tax season doesn't have to be a lucky roll of the dice.
Many of the software brands on the market now are good quality programs for simple tax preparation. However, when your tax filing needs get more detail oriented, you need a more robust tax software program to insure your getting your biggest refund possible.
Top Rated Tax Software Programs
H&R Block and TurboTax are top choices for best online tax software programs on the market today. In reality, they have been the top choices for decades.
As mentioned above for basic tax preparation there are many programs like FreeTaxUSA, CompleteTax, TaxBrain, OnePriceTaxes and more that can do a good job for you. But when things get complicated with tax deductions, charitable contributions, investments, self employment and home ownership, it's time to stick with the market leaders.
The Best Tax Program
Market statistics show TurboTax rated at #1 and H&R Block rated at #2 for market share in annual sales. Each of our top choices offer a suite of tax software editions to fit any tax filers needs. They are the best online tax software choices to help you calculate tax return liability, and for all-around tax filing requirements. Broken down for tax preparation needs they include:
- Free Editions for simple tax returns with minimal 1040 needs. These free tax software editions are quite basic since they don't support special form needs and have no import capabilities. They are designed for simple tax returns for employed filers, renters and students.
- Basic Editions are more generous with extra support, along with the ability to import data which can save time and insures accuracy. While still not set up to help with investments and special forms, they do make a good choice for return customers looking to save time by importing data like w2's and previous years entries of personal data like your employer and personal identification information.
- Deluxe Editions are a big step up, and the best tax preparation software choices for support with tax deductions, home ownership, charitable contribution and medical and educational tax filing needs. The deluxe programs are far more robust for insuring that your taking advantage of every deduction you can possibly qualify for in order to reduce you taxes owed or increase your refund amount.
- Premium and Premier Editions are the cream of the crop when it comes to investments and self employment. Extra support keeps you on top of filing for stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other investments such as rental properties and other financial adventures. When your tax return gets to where you need more investing support, these editions are great choices for the best income tax software.
- Home and Business Editions are the pick for you if you have a small business and want to complete both your business and personal tax returns from one package. With extensive support, these programs tailor themselves to your business through an interview process designed to target and focus on your industry tax filing needs all while eliminating areas of tax preparation that don't apply to your situation. This in turn keeps you focused on the deductions and benefits you can take advantage of.
Regardless of you tax filing needs, there are choices that can make tax filing a easy task all while saving you money.
advantage of every tax deduction you can is a great way to educate
yourself on preparing better all year long for bigger refunds. It's
your money, why give more to Uncle Sam than you have to...
Try one of our top tax software program choices today and see why they lead the market in sales and consumer satisfaction each and every year. Knowledge is power and these brands are great education tools, truly the best tax software choices you can make.
What's The Best Tax Software?
Top choices for preparing your income taxes online.
Choosing the best tax program for your income tax preparation this year will be your biggest choice for insuring a stress free tax filing process.
Wondering what the best tax program is for you? Choosing can be a
lot easier than you think. There’s so many brands on the market
today like TurboTax, H&R Block At Home, CompleteTax, TaxBrain,
FreeTaxUSA, and so many more that it can be mind boggling.
Choosing the right tax software program can be a lot easier than you think.
Here’s 10 things to look for in your tax software program:
- It should have a fully guided interface to make it easy to use – even for a total novice with no previous experience.
- It should give you a biggest refund guarantee, or money back.
- It should prompt for finance and life changes like marriage or new job, then dig up credits and deductions that may work well for you.
- It should determine for you which tax forms you need.
- It should include free support for questions that may arise during your tax preparation process. Be sure it offers free online chat or phone and community support.
- It should be able to import information from employers like, W2′s and 1099′s automatically, as well as financial information from top money management programs like Quicken and Microsoft Money.
- It should complete all your tax calculations for you to ensure accuracy prior to filing.
- It should scan your return for any mistakes and warn about IRS red flag audit triggers that you may want to eliminate.
- It should offer a free edition for simple tax returns that don't require extra guidance or special forms.
- It should offer free efile once you have completed your return so that you can get your refund by direct deposit in your account quickly.
Depending on your personal tax situation, you may be able to prepare, print and file your federal income taxes for free using one of the free editions.
We have analyzed several top online tax filing software brands to determine which ones deliver the best user experience. TurboTax is the #1 seller in the US and our top pick. H&R Block came in second on our list of best online tax preparation programs but, HR Block also offers the worlds largest supply of "local" tax preparation professionals.
If you think you’re due a big tax refund, it's wise to stick with the market leaders to ensure your taking full advantage of every deduction or credit.
Best Tax Software Choice:
By reviewing all the top choices for PC-based and Web-based tax preparation, picking the right tax preparation product comes down to two things:
- how complex your tax filing situation is
- how each tax software brand ranks for consumer satisfaction and ease of use
Here's my top pick for tax filing choices.
TurboTax includes both federal and state tax filing in their software choices that continue to dominate the market for ease of use and customer satisfaction.
Both Web-based tax programs and downloadable desktop software choices are available depending on your preference.
I would recommend TurboTax products from my years of personal use, and the way these products guide you step by step to simplify the whole process.